Air Force waves off warning on GPS article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. The latest civilian global positioning systems are nearly as accurate as the original military systems. Within how many feet of any position doess the system locate a position?
2. List 2 uses for the Global Positioning System.
3. Using your ESRT's (Selected Properties of Earth's Atmosphere), explain why these satellites (GPS') are located in outer space.
4. What verb (think Astronomy unit) describes the movement of the GPS around Earth?
5. What does the government report say?
6. Who relies on these GPS signals?
7. Describe the risk the Government Accountability Office reported?
8. When will the new GPS satellites, IFF, be launched?
9. How will 4 working satellites above any point on Earth compute its location?
10. Name 2 contractors responsible for constructing these new satellites.