"Easing Water Worries" Questions
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. What has been found in the drinking water supplies of NYC & Suffolk County? Do we need to worry?
2. Describe the amount of drugs in the drinking water (2 words).
3. How much of the trace compounds are being found in the water according to Bruce Brownawell?
4. According to Greg Kail, what do parts per billion amount to?
what do parts per quadrillion amount to?
5. (Looking at the picture) How do drugs get into sewage treatment plants?
6. (Looking at the picture) What do sewage treatment plants target?
7. Define 'metabolize'. (use a dictionary online)
8. What kinds of drugs are being found in drinking water?
9. What other contaminants are found in drinking water? Be specific!