A rift over the reef article's Questions
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. What type of people are advocates and what type of people opponents for the addition of an 850 acre deep water reef off the East End?
2. Describe what the state Department of Environmental Conservation wants to do.
3. Who must approve these permits?
4. What does DEC stand for?
5. Which existing artificial reefs is the DEC interested in adding to?
6. How many acres of artificial reefs would be added to the current 2,539 acre complex?
7. Completely describe 2 benefits of reef expansions.
8. The new site is called 12 Mile Reef. Completely describe it.
9. What # represents its location on the map?
10. Why don't tires make good reefs?