Town of Hempstead's S.T.O.P. program
Read each side of the placard (card).
Write the question but answer with a FEW WORDS.
page 1 page 2
1. What does S.T.O.P. stand for ?
2. Describe the opportunity that the Town of Hempstead's S.T.O.P.
program provides for the residents.
3. State the 3 guidelines that should be followed when bringing items to a
4. The date of this homework is Tuesday 3/1 and Wednesday 3/2. State
the date, time and location for the first S.T.O.P. site.
5. If I live in ______________, I can go to the closest S.T.O.P. location of
_______________ to return my non-landfill items on __________ date. Use
a) Lynbrook: go to _________ on __________ date.
b) Elmont: go to _________ on _________ date.
6. Provide a list of 3 things in YOUR home that should not be placed in your garbage
can and SHOULD go to a S.T.O.P. location.