Sun, rivers help flavor ocean article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. How much salt flavors 1,000 pounds of ocean?
2. Describe the thickness of salt on the land if removed from ocean and sprinkled on the land. (Remember, every number has a unit)
3. How many stories/floors would all the ocean's salt pile up in N.Y.C. alone?
4. What bodies of water contain less than 8 ounces of salt per thousand pounds of water?
5. Rivers carry salt into the oceans. Describe completely the 3 ways that rivers obtain the salt. (Each answer is a sentence)
6. Describe how the sun causes the sea to be salty.
7. There are 5 major oceans covering Earth: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic and Southern Oceans. Do all oceans have the same amount of salt?
8. Why has the salinity of Australia and Antarctica currents decreased?