They keep the river running article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. List 2 attributes of the Coast Guard's ice breaker named Morro Bay.
2. What is the purpose of the vessel?
3. A Long Island company uses the Hudson River approximately 300 times a winter. Why?
4. What do upstate companies transport to southern markets along the Hudson River?
5. How many crew members are on the Morro Bay?
6. Describe the ice conditions that Lt. Cmdr Wyatt has already encountered on the river.
7. Name the area along the Hudson River where the shape of the river ("S") forms a choke point that traps ice. It is not Hyde Park.
8. Who is Scott Kanter? Age? Describe his job on Morrow Bay.
9. What is the bubbler system?
Using the map given to you in class, be sure you attach it to your answer paper, .....
10. In what 2 compass directions is the Hudson River positioned?
11. Circle 'Albany' (capital of N.Y.S.) on the map.
12. Name 3 states that lie along N.Y. 's eastern border. Having trouble? Draw a large compass over center of NY map.
13. Of the 5 Great Lakes of the U.S., name the 2 that lie along the northwest of N.Y.
14. Using the internet for help, place a "W" on the map where West Point is located.