Blue sky is just scattered sunlight article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. List the elements, gases, consisting of Earth's air.
2. Using the table titled Average Chemical Composition of Earth's Crust, Hydrosphere and Troposphere in your ESRT, draw a pie graph of the percentage of nitrogen and oxygen in Earth's troposphere.
3. Describe white light.
4. List the colors of a rainbow.
5. The rainbow of colors is revealed when sunlight passes through a prism. What part of Earth is acting like a prism?
6. Describe what happens to light that has run into gas molecules in the atmosphere.
7. Describe completely how light gets absorbed by a gas molecule.
8. Define the word re-emit using a dictionary.
9. Using your Electromagnetic Spectrum chart in your ESRT, describe the wavelength of blue light compared to red-colored light. (1 word)
10. Why does the sky look blue and not red in color?