Chambers of Molten Rock Found article's questions
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. What did the geothermal power company discover on 1 of the Hawaiin Islands?
2. If 1 mile = 1.609344 km and the company drilled 1-1/2 miles into the surface, what layer of Earth's interior did they penetrate? (use the Inferred Properties of E's Interior in ESRT)
3. How many years have passed between the discovery & the time this article was printed?
4. In the past, where was the only access to magma on Earth?
5. Completely describe the rock that comprises the ocean floor & volcanic islands.
6. What is the crucial question in geology regarding basalt?
7. How much electricity does the geothermal company generate for Hawaii's Big Island?
8. What are the coordinates (latitude & longitude) of Hawaii (Hot Spot)? (Use ESRT - Tectonic Plates map)
9. Describe this 2000 ° F chamber of magma completely.
10. Contrast the amount of silica in Earth's continents to that of Earth's ocean crust (basalt).