Earth Lingo Article - Questions
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. Who founded Earth Day & when?
2. How much of a product's ingredients must be able to break down & return to the environment in 28 days (biodegradable)?
3. State 2 ways 'blackwater' differs from 'graywater'.
4. Define 'carbon footprint'.
5. What is a negative aspect to incandescent bulbs?
6. Describe 1 way in which you could "daylight" in your home on the weekends to help the environment. Be specific!
7. Describe 1 thing you can do or use in your life or home or job (school) that would show someone that you are 'eco-savvy'. Do not use "energy saving light bulbs or natural light as a part of your answer).
8. Describe 'greenwashing'.
9. Do you currently experience 'off-grid living'?
10. Provide me with 1 'vampire appliance' that you have in your home currently. Do not include a toaster or cell phone recharger.