Filtered Storm Water Article's Questions
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. In what compass direction is Elmont/Franklin Square/New Hyde Park/Floral Park/Stewart Manor from Babylon?
2. Describe the Village of Babylon's plan.
3. Describe 1 of L.I.'s biggest water quality problems.
4. List 2 things that polluted runoff does.
5. What is the total cost of buying and installing these filters?
6. Where will the filter units be placed?
7. What do these filter units intercept?
8. What do 'special sponges' (filters) do?
9. Where does this treated storm water go? And how often must filters be replaced?
10. How do you know that these filters are not perfect?