Prices in the dumper article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. During a recession, what do consumers do?
2. As a result of your answer from question #1, what do manufacturers do? (Give a complete answer)
3. How has North Hempstead's recycling revenue been affected?
4. Why does the decline in recyclables compound Long Island's town's finance difficulties?
5. What are recyclable materials use for?
6. Why is Oyster Bay sheltered from recyclable's price decline?
7. What is a dual-stream collection system?
8. Why is recycling good in other ways, not just for the environment?
9. How much does it cost, on average, for the towns to dispose of garbage in landfills?
10. What town lost the greatest amount of profit from their recyclables?