Solar Shingle Article Questions
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. List the 3 reasons why solar energy is making a comeback.
2. Describe what "going solar" meant in the 1970's.
3. Describe these systems of solar-powered shingles (building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV's)).
4. How is electricity generated?
5. How much power does 1 solar shingle produce?
6. What does the Energy Policy Act of 2005 give homeowners?
7. Why would electric savings be greater in Boston than in Albuquerque?
8. In what general compass direction is the sun seen in the NY sky? What side of a homeowner's roof would collect the greatest amount of sunlight? (give compass direction as an answer)
9. How would your use of solar shingles help the environment/Earth?
10. Why would you, a potential homeowner, not use solar shingles on your roof?