On a separate sheet of paper, answer the following questions. Refer to your "Spectroscopy packet" given in class on Tuesday and your ESRT's.
Spectroscopy: use of light to study matter
Spectra: band of colors produced by separation of the components of light.
1. Why is the sky blue? (use the Internet)
2. How does a magnifying glass work? (use the Internet)
3. What can astronomers learn about stars from their spectra (spectroscopy)?
4. How is a dark line spectra produced?
5. How does the width of the visible spectrum compare to that of the entire electromagnetic spectrum?