Terrors in Space article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. Describe the event on June 30th, 1908 in at least 3 sentences.
2. What is the name of the program that NASA established in 1998 to monitor these potentially hazardous objects?
3. Where is this laboratory located?
4. Describe the mission of the Near Earth Object Program.
5. How long is 1 kilometer?
6. Why would a 1 kilometer or larger object be a global problem? (2 detailed sentences)
7. Describe the near Earth object, Apophis.
8. How often does an object 1 km or larger approach Earth?
9. How do we stop an object headed toward Earth?
10. How much does it cost the federal government to operate the Near Earth Object Program?