Under Water in 70 Years article
Read the article first - slowly, carefully and completely. Answer the questions below 1) on a separate piece of paper and 2) as P.O.Q. - Part of Question. Example of P.O.Q. - What color is the grass? (Your answer P.O.Q. style) The color of the grass is ....
1. State what could happen to sea level around L.I. & N.Y.C. over the next 70 years.
2. Describe the purpose of this report to the state & local governments.
3. Describe the predictions made by the report.
4. Define the words imperil and infrastructure.
5. Using the Internet, name 2 south shore towns on Long Island.
6. Describe what impacts water quality.
7. Why are oceans likely to rise at a faster rate over the century?
8. List 2 other factors that contribute to sea level changes.
9. Write an observation regarding the size of Ocean Beach with a rise in sea level from 1 ft to 4 ft (see picture).
10. When will sea level rise 3 inches as a result of faster rates of ice melt in Greenland & Antarctica?